Kent to Continue as Chairman
James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as Chief Executive Officer in May 2017 Kent to Continue as Chairman
ATLANTA, Dec. 9, 2016 – The Coca-Cola Company today announced that its Board of Directors has approved unanimously the recommendation of Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Muhtar Kent for an evolution of the company's senior leadership structure. Under the new structure, company veteran James Quincey, President, and Chief Operating Officer will succeed Kent as CEO, effective May 1, 2017. Kent will continue as Chairman of the Board of Directors.
The Board intends to nominate Quincey to stand for election as a director at the 2017 Annual Shareowners Meeting in April.
"Managing The Coca-Cola Company to ensure our long-term growth requires a thoughtful and orderly succession planning process," said Muhtar Kent. "I have been engaged with our Management Development Committee and the full Board on talent development and succession discussions throughout my tenure as CEO. We are certain that James Quincey is prepared for these new responsibilities and is the absolute right choice to lead our company and system into the future.
"One of our Board's key priorities is developing the next generation of leaders and James is a perfect example of our talent pipeline in action," added Kent. "Having worked closely with James during the past 10 years of his 20-year career with our company, I know that his vast industry knowledge, expertise with our brands, values, and system, coupled with an acute understanding of evolving consumer tastes, make him the ideal candidate to effectively lead our company and bottling system. James has the strategic vision and inspirational leadership to usher in the next phase of growth for our great business.
- March 13, 2017James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as Chief Executive Officer in May 2017 Kent to Continue as ChairmanATLANTA, Dec. 9, 2016 – The Coca-Cola Company today announced that its Board of Directors has a...view
- March 13, 2017Since our first soda fountain sales in 1886, we have been a driver of marketplace innovation and an investor in local economies. Today we lead the beverage industry with more than 500 beverage brands ...view
- March 13, 2017ATLANTA – November 21, 2016 – Since the 1930s, Coca-Cola has been synonymous with the holiday season. From heartwarming ads and special-edition packaging to the Coca-Cola Holiday Caravan stops that ...view
- March 13, 2017Strong Price/Mix and Solid Performance in Developed Markets Flagship North America Market Continues to Outperform the IndustryNet Revenues Declined 6% for the Quarter and 5% for the Full Year, which I...view
- March 13, 2017Increases Annual Dividend to $1.48 Per ShareATLANTA, Feb. 16, 2017 – The Board of Directors of The Coca-Cola Company today approved the company's 55th consecutive annual dividend increase, raising th...view
- March 13, 2017ATLANTA, Feb. 16, 2017 – The Board of Directors of The Coca-Cola Company today approved the company's 55th consecutive annual dividend increase, raising the quarterly dividend 6 percent from 35 cents...view