Kent to Continue as Chairman
James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as Chief Executive Officer in May 2017 Kent to Continue as Chairman
ATLANTA, Dec. 9, 2016 – The Coca-Cola Company today announced that its Board of Directors has approved unanimously the recommendation of Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Muhtar Kent for an evolution of the company's senior leadership structure. Under the new structure, company veteran James Quincey, President, and Chief Operating Officer will succeed Kent as CEO, effective May 1, 2017. Kent will continue as Chairman of the Board of Directors.
The Board intends to nominate Quincey to stand for election as a director at the 2017 Annual Shareowners Meeting in April.
"Managing The Coca-Cola Company to ensure our long-term growth requires a thoughtful and orderly succession planning process," said Muhtar Kent. "I have been engaged with our Management Development Committee and the full Board on talent development and succession discussions throughout my tenure as CEO. We are certain that James Quincey is prepared for these new responsibilities and is the absolute right choice to lead our company and system into the future.
"One of our Board's key priorities is developing the next generation of leaders and James is a perfect example of our talent pipeline in action," added Kent. "Having worked closely with James during the past 10 years of his 20-year career with our company, I know that his vast industry knowledge, expertise with our brands, values, and system, coupled with an acute understanding of evolving consumer tastes, make him the ideal candidate to effectively lead our company and bottling system. James has the strategic vision and inspirational leadership to usher in the next phase of growth for our great business.
- March 13, 2017ATLANTA – November 21, 2016 – Since the 1930s, Coca-Cola has been synonymous with the holiday season. From heartwarming ads and special-edition packaging to the Coca-Cola Holiday Caravan stops that ...view
- March 13, 2017This lawsuit is legally and factually meritless. We take our consumers and their health very seriously and have been on a journey to become a more credible and helpful partner in helping consumers ma...view
- March 13, 2017Since becoming CEO in July 2008, Muhtar Kent has achieved a long list of strategic accomplishments to drive The Coca-Cola Company's growth around the world. Highlights include: Creating a long-term pl...view
- March 13, 2017ATLANTA, Dec. 8, 2016 — The Board of Directors of The Coca-Cola Company today elected four new officers. Barry Simpson, who was recently named Chief Information Officer, was elected as a Senior Vice...view
- March 13, 2017James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as Chief Executive Officer in May 2017 Kent to Continue as ChairmanATLANTA, Dec. 9, 2016 – The Coca-Cola Company today announced that its Board of Directors has a...view
- March 13, 2017Strong Price/Mix and Solid Performance in Developed Markets Flagship North America Market Continues to Outperform the IndustryNet Revenues Declined 6% for the Quarter and 5% for the Full Year, which I...view